Emelisse de Loupey
Vert, on a pale between in chief two ivy leaves argent a bee sable marked Or.
My first event was freshman year of college, when my friend Deanna (known in the SCA as Adelaide) took me to Yule on December 9th, 2000 [A.S. XXXV]. I really had no idea what to wear, but my mind went back to my Ophelia costume from my senior year of high school. It was a short-sleeved, full length burgundy bridesmaid's dress, and once Mom shipped it up I removed the fake weeds and hand-sewed a couple muslin sleeves to pin on as a mock underdress. It actually worked fairly well, but more than that, it whet my appetite for costuming, period cooking, and that wonderfully unique sense of family that comes with the SCA.
"Emelisse" from An Index to the Given Names in the 1292 Census of Paris
Listing was "Emelisse de Bissi"
"de Loupey" from French Names from Two Thirteenth Century Chronicles
Offices and Positions:
- Steppes Artisan, A.S. XXVIII (August 15, 2015) to present
- Deputy Hospitaler, Barony of the Steppes, A.S. L (10/10/15) to present
- Hospitaler to the Barony of the Steppes, A.S. XLIX (December 2014) to A.S. L (10/10/15)
- Seneschal to the College of St. Boniface (West), A.S. XXXVII (2003)
- Chatelaine to the Barony of Winter's Gate (West), A.S. XXXVI to XXXVII (2002-'03)
- Heart of the Barony of Winter's Gate (West), A.S. XXXVI (2001)
- Award of Arms at Twelfth Night by Lochlan and Michelle, Kingdom of Ansteorra, A.S. XLIX (January 3rd, 2015)
- Sable Thistle for Weaving at Steppes Artisan by Sven and Antigone, Kingdom of Ansteorra, A.S. XLIX (August 16th, 2014)
- Award of Arms at Winter Coronet by Magnus and Esperanza, Principality of Oertha, Kingdom of the West, A.S. XXXVII (January 20th, 2002)
- Order of the Silver Swan, for A&S in the Barony of Winter's Gate (West)
- Order of the Snowdrop, former Hearts of the Barony of Winter's Gate (West)
- Baroness' Recognition (2), Barony of Winter's Gate (West)
- Melissande of Winter's Gate (what I was first known as)
- Melissande de Loupey (AoA typo)
- Melissande de Lorpey (AoA write-up typo)