Gallery

This isn't a full list of all projects, but it should serve as a quick overview of some of my past projects. When available, links have been provided to relevant blog posts. This section is still under construction, so please be patient. More information is on the way. Thanks for visiting!

Viking Era Costuming & Accessories



Mom's latest Viking apron dress. Pendleton wool, with all top stitching hand sewn in contrasting wool. Silk tablet-woven trim. A blog post on this piece is located here.



Viking hood, sewn in green wool with decorative silk stitching. All top stitching done by hand.



My husband in his Bayeaux Tapestry-inspired linen tunic. The neckline was done entirely by hand, and all topstitching was done by hand.



Hedeby bag in wood, wool, and silk. The blog post, with step-by-step images, is located here.



Updated Viking apron dress. Wool with top-stitching by hand. Silk tablet-woven trim. You can see the blog post on this project here.



My husband's red and black wool Hedeby style crossover coat with ridgid heddle woven trim. You can also see my updated red linen apron dress, which has been updated with tablet-woven trim.



Wool kaftan/coat with rigid heddle woven trim, sewn in preparation for our first Gulf Wars event, but it wasn't finished until 2014. The blog post for this project is located here.



Handsewn linen underdress with red linen apron dress. Trim is rigid-heddle woven pearl cotton in size 3/2. You can see the blog post on this project here.



Gray and green wool apron dress with rigid heddle woven trim, sewn for barter. You can see the blog post for this project here.



Linen and silk apron dress with rigid heddle woven trim and decorative hem stitching. Sewn entirely by hand. You can see the blog post on this project here.



Hedeby-Inspired cross-over tunic. Pendleton Wool in green and blue. All top-stitching has been done by hand. You can see the blog post on this project here.



This was my first project for my husband. It's a red and black wool tunic. Sewn entirely by hand, back in 2009 or 2010.



Another early attempt at Viking, made from denim-colored Pendleton Wool with all topstitching by hand. I had not yet learned rigid heddle or tablet weaving, so the trim was commercial. I did an (out of date) blog post on this project. You can access it here.



My adorable mom in her Viking kit, taken at an An Tir/West War. Constructed from linen with all top-stitching by hand.



And this is where my Viking costuming started! Some of my earliest attempts at the Viking Apron Dress style, you can see this was before I got my more authentic Turtle Brooches and also before I started to add trim to my garb.


Medieval Era Costuming



Honorable Lady Lyneya de Grey's teal and rust linen bliaut, used in her vow renewal. All top-stitching done by hand, contrasting eyelets done by hand, and contrasting front-facing done by hand. More pictures are available here.




I have so much fun getting my little sister in garb! Her rust and gold cotton broadcloth dress, with hand-sewn top-stitching and ridgid heddle woven trim, leans closer to Medieval Fantasy, but she looks fabulous in it! Sewn for Gulf Wars 2016.



Honorable Lady Lyneya de Grey, cozy warm in her green wool dress and yellow wool hood. All top-stitching by hand. The dress is featured in a blog post, located here. The hood's yellow color is a result of onion peel dyeing on wool that I pre-treated with alum. I made a couple of them for the costuming contest prize baskets at the Barony of the Steppes' Twelfth Night 2016.



Baroness Katya's heraldic sideless surcoat in linen. All top-stitching by hand. You can see the blog post for the project here.



Blue wool cotehardie, sewn entirely by hand in 2004. At the time I didn't know many different stitches, and the seams were unfortunately prone to ripping. A blog post about this project is available here.



Parti-colored linen cotehardie in my heraldic colors. All top-stitching by hand with hand-sewn eyelets for spiral lacing. Sewn 2002 or 2003.


Renaissance Costuming



Orange and black Florentine dress, sewn entirely by hand in 2015. You can see step-by-step pictures of the project on the project's blog post, located here.



Corduroy and silver doublet sewn for Mom's Age of Exploration classroom unit. You can see step-by-step pictures of the project on the project's blog post, which is located here.



Red cotton overdress with muslin underdress and wool-blend long vest. Pieces sewn 2001 to 2003.



Some of my very first garb. My muslin underdress was sewn entirely by hand, and the overdress was originally a set of drapes from a second-hand store. My little sister's garb was primarily a green corduroy with a synthetic purple mock underdress.


Weaving Projects



Linen and silk tablet woven bands in a variety of patterns and colors. The widest trim was used in the update of my red linen apron dress, shown above.



Off-white and blue linen tablet woven band. Donated to be used as largesse before Gulf Wars XXIV.



Tablet-woven bands in silk and linen. Weights range from sewing-thread to 16/2 size. The smallest band, woven with silk sewing thread, is included in a blog post located here.



Tablet-woven bands in silk and linen. Some of these projects are featured on a blog post, which is located here.



Pearl cotton bands woven with rigid heddle.


Other Projects

There's even more, located on my old Flickr account, which you can see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment