Sunday, July 8, 2018

Wedding Renewal Bliaut

When Honorable Lady Lyneya de Grey and her husband Sir Lasguaard Aglanar the Red Fox decided to renew their vows, she asked me to make her a bliaut.




Here's the finished dress during the vow renewal ceremony. Lyneya made Lasguaard's tunic, and I gave her the pattern piece I used for her neckline so that she could customize a more decorative overlay for the occasion.

Unfortunately we had a camera related issue as I was working on this project, so additional images were lost. Luckily I had sent her three progress pictures, which were saved in our Facebook messages.




Hand-sewing the neckline with a contrasting white linen thread.




Contrasting rust eyelets, sewn using a corresponding thin linen weaving yarn.



1 comment:

  1. It would be lovely if one could view the photos. Sigh! 😉 Jennifer Hill

    ReplyDelete